Shooting an elephant george orwell c 1936 looked the other way i had no intention of shooting the elephant i had merely sent for the rifle to. After orwells death in 1950 the essay was republished several times including in shooting an elephant and other essays george orwell a life . Details about the book shooting an elephant and other essays publisher secker and warburg 1950. Shooting an elephant and other essays has 6500 ratings and 230 reviews petra x said the end of the empire came when those who had previously given up . George orwell best known for his novels was also an accomplished essayist among his most powerful essays is the 1931 autobiographical essay shooting an elephant which orwell based on his experience as a police officer in colonial burma
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.